The new year always means a couple things for me. Lots of regret for the 10K calorie days the weeks before and resolutions. Can’t do much about those fatty days weeks back, but I can try to move forward on some resolutions. I do have some this year and I thought it might help me to put them out there.
- Run 60 miles a month – Really this is just on here to make me exercise. I can’t say that I like running, I just don’t think it is that hard to do anymore and it is an quick way to knock out some cardio. I really like the app RunKeeper to track my running.
- Drop 15 lbs – I have gained back about 15 lbs from my lowest point. I really hate that. I am trying to start the calorie counting again using The Daily Plate. That is what helped me so much the first time. I don’t want it to take a year I want to have those 15 lbs dropped by March. I feel that is totally doable if I stick to the exercise and stick to the calorie plan.
- Read a book a month – I say this every year.
- Start a side business – I say this every year.
- Blog more – I say this every year.
- Read through the Bible
- Take more trips – I want to make more time to get out of town. Jennie and I plan to try a long trip this summer where I can work from our location while she is out for summer break. That was one of the main reasons I wanted a work from home job, so that I had the freedom to work from anywhere. I want to put it into practice this summer and see how it works out.
- Play more video games, watch more football and UK basketball games – Just putting this on here so I have something to point out to Jennie if she says I am doing to much of any of those. Sorry honey, it was a new years resolution…why do you want me to fail?
- Play more volleyball and basketball. Last year we played lots of volleyball and basketball. This year we have the potential to play 2 nights of vball a week but the basketball has kind of fizzled out. I need to get back on that. I do want video of me slamming a basketball two handed during a game just to show my kids I was able to do it at one time. That brings up something else I should put down as a resolution.
- Dunk two handed – I can dunk one handed occasionally, if the time of day is right and the moon is such that it pulls me closer to the basket. Not consistently. This is something else I think I could easily do with just a few months of work. I turn 32 this year, I don’t think I have much jumping left in me soon.
If I do two of these things I will be happy and if I could do all of them that would be pretty good too.
Maybe I will blog tomorrow about weight loss stuff or books I want to read. Maybe I won’t post again till 2013. I never did that last day of NYC post.
Maybe I should just say until we speak again and leave you with a picture of Jennie and I in a giant rocking chair.