Poppy is 1 month old today! She
- weighs about 11.2 pounds
- wears newborn size clothes
- wears size 1 diapers
- has a full head of hair
- has blue eyes
- still has her umbilical cord stump
- sleeps in the newborn napper in the Pack-n-Play
- likes: being warm, riding in the car, looking around, holding things
- dislikes: sponge baths, gas, getting her nose sucked
We noticed a mark on Poppy’s finger while in the hospital, and after we brought it to the attention of our pediatrician, she checked it out and assured us it was just a birthmark. Just last week, Chad noticed that it was no longer there. Poppy sucks on her fingers sometimes, so we conclude that it must have been what one of the nursery nurses thought was a sucking blister caused by her sucking her finger in utero.
Piper turns 23 months old today.
- weighs about 32.8 pounds
- wears size 6 diapers
- wears mostly size 24 months/ 2T clothes (but she’s been wearing some 3T too)
- wears size 8 shoes
- talks a lot and makes lots of observations like “Poppy crying,” “Mommy talking”
- can recognize shapes and attempts to draw them
- can count to 13
- likes: Poppy, reading books, singing songs, swinging, playing hide-and-seek, flashcards, watching football- it’s the only TV she’s allowed to watch (guess who’s idea that is)
- dislikes: when animals get too close to her
Piper has recently learned to play hide-and-seek, but she’s not very good at it. Not surprising since she is not even 2 yet, but she tries. She will cover her eyes, count, and then go hide. She also likes someone to hide with her, so if Chad is not home, then she and I have to hide and wait for Poppy to come find us.